[mythtv-users] Re: Why use PVR 350 TV-out? (Was: X and PVR 350)

dfleming at swings.2y.net dfleming at swings.2y.net
Fri Jan 28 18:11:26 EST 2005

I have a 47" wide-screen TV.  My first myth-box was an Epia M900.  The
picture quality on the large screen was horrible.  So I ended up buying
the PVR-350 and have been very happy with it.  I have HDTV programming
through DirecTV and PVR-350's picture quality is so close it doesn't
bother me at all.  Now if I can just figure out how to get that 5.1
sound piped through...

Also, since all the MPEG encoding and decoding is done by the PVR-350 I
was able to use an older fanless EPIA-500 board.  My myth-box in the
living room is diskless, fanless, quiet and small; keeps the wife happy.

---Dan