[mythtv-users] HDTV and MythTV

Drew Zerdecki dzerdecki at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 18:07:44 EST 2005

I have a few questions regarding HDTV and Myth. If anyone can add
there two cents, I'd appreciate it.

1.     What is the best HDTV card out there for MythTv?  Wasn't there
a special one I need to hurry to get to avoid broadcast flag issues?

2.     HDTV output:

       Can I output the HD signal through the DVI out of my FX5200
using a DVI to HDMI?

       I only have a HDMI input on my TV?

      Or, is there component or DVI out via the HD card?

3.    Can I use HDTV encoding card and a PVR 350 in the same box?

4.    Overall:  will I be happy with HDTV and MythTV on a P4 3Ghz, 512
RAM, 400GB HD?  or is the quality not there yet?

Thanks so much for your help.

-Drew