[mythtv-users] Re: Has anyone figured out how to foreground mplayer?

Mike Green mikey at linuxwiz.org
Fri Jan 28 19:48:36 EST 2005

> > Also, not that it's related, but why are you using "-vo x11" in your
> > command line? Unless you're using a PVR-350 for output, or some other
> > video card that doesn't support Xv, you probably want "-vo xv".
> > Running "mplayer -vo help" will list all available output methods.
> > Some other good ones might be xvmc (for hardware-accelerated MPEG-2
> > decoding, if your card has it), gl, gl2, dga, or sdl.
>
> I am using the tv-out port on an nvidia GeForce2 MX 400 to watch tv.  I
> can't recall exactly why I am not using xv, but I think it had to do with
> no xv support on the tv-out port on the card, or something like that :)

From the nvidia-glx readme:

"This release includes support for the X-Video Motion Compensation (XvMC)
version 1.0 API on GeForce4 and GeForce FX products only."

Is XvMC the same as the xv driver in mplayer?  How would I go about figuring
out if the disabled XvMC in the nvidia drivers is the same thing as the xv
video driver in mplayer?

--
Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out it, and
if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I guess that's like a regular