PVR-250 image quality -- Re: [mythtv-users] TV Wonder Pro

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Sat Jan 29 01:42:14 EST 2005

<snip>

>Get the PVR-250 from Hauppage. It's a good solid card, and does hardware
>encoding, thus less CPU is used on the box, and you get higher quality
>recordings,

I'm curious about this "higher quality recordings" phrase.  I've seen it
a few times,
yet I'm not one to automatically believe that a card does better just
because it does
mpeg 2 compression.  (I'm assuming a 150 would have the same quality if
one got
that working.)

Has anyone ever done a direct comparison between a 250 and other ordinary
bt87x capture cards?  One would think it was the ultimate quality of the
A/D
circuitry that was the key...