[mythtv-users] Have Lirc & IR Blaster, now All I need is help making a lirc.conf...

Damon Wanamaker dwanamak at rogers.com
Sat Jan 29 11:29:30 EST 2005

Hello Everyone,

I have a fully functional Mythbox up and running using FC3 (thanks to
Jarod's guide).  This installation is working flawlessly for my regular
cable needs, so I thought now would be a perfect time to try and get the
digital cable working as well.

Currently I am using the Hauppage 350 remote for myth and have the following
Lirc files installed:

lirc-0.7.0-43.1.rhfc3.at
lirc-lib-0.7.0-43.1.rhfc3.at
lirc-kmdl-2.6.9-1.724_FC3-0.7.0-43.1.rhfc3.at
lirc-devices-0.7.0-1.rhfc3.at
lirc-lib-devel-0.7.0-43.1.rhfc3.at

I have been using the fantastic guide created by Andy
(http://comp.uark.edu/~aslong/mythtv.html
<http://comp.uark.edu/%7Easlong/mythtv.html> )
I purchased a Serial IR Blaster at www.irblaster.info
<http://www.irblaster.info/>   (Great quality, fast and friendly service)

I get to the end of the guide and I am not able to change channels on my
Scientific Atlanta 3200 Digital Cable box when using the changechannel
script.
I am sure this is because I was using the config for the SA 2000 as it was
the only one available on the lirc.org site.

My question(s):

-         Is there a way I can use irrecord to learn the SA 3200 remote
codes and make my own lirc.conf?
-         Will the IR Blaster I purchased work on any Digital box or do you
need to make sure you purchase an IR blaster that is known to work with your
digital cable box in particular?
-         Anyone have a pre-made lirc.conf for the SA3200 (wishful
thinking)?

You have all been a great help in the past and I am hoping that you can
assist me.
(Let me know if you need hardware types/configs/output)

Thanks in advance,

Damon.