[mythtv-users] Re: Problems compiling mythmusic on SuSe 9.1

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Sat Jan 29 11:10:15 EST 2005

Juergen Sachs <juergen-sachs at gmx.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am enjoy mythtv now for a while on my SuSe 9.1.
> But I still failed to compile mythmusic.
> I get the version from cvs today and tried again.
> I get lots of errors in the "globalsettings.cpp".
> Did I miss a packet or something else ?
>
> Hope someone could help me to get this up and running.
>
> Below are the error messages I get.
>
> Thanks Juergen
>
> ---------------
> streaminput.cpp: In member function `void StreamInput::readyread()':
> streaminput.cpp:103: warning: cannot pass objects of non-POD type `class
> QCString' through `...'; call will abort at runtime
> streaminput.cpp:103: warning: format argument is not a pointer (arg 2)
> ---------------
> g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=i586 -mcpu=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -fPIC
> -Wall -W -O3 -march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -fPIC
> -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -DHAVE_MMX -DQT_NO_DEBUG
> -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT
> -I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/local/include
> -I/usr/include/cdda -I/usr/include -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -o
> globalsettings.o globalsettings.cpp
> globalsettings.cpp:17: error: syntax error before `{' token
> globalsettings.cpp:22: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `setValue'
> with no type
> globalsettings.cpp:22: error: invalid conversion from `const char*' to
> `int'
> globalsettings.cpp:25: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
> `setHelpText' with no type
> globalsettings.cpp:25: error: invalid conversion from `const char*' to
> `int'
> globalsettings.cpp:26: error: syntax error before `}' token
> globalsettings.cpp:29: error: syntax error before `{' token
> globalsettings.cpp:35: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
> `fillSelectionsFromDir' with no type
> globalsettings.cpp:35: error: cannot convert `QDir' to `int' in
> initialization
> globalsettings.cpp:36: error: syntax error before `.' token
> globalsettings.cpp:37: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
> `fillSelectionsFromDir' with no type
> globalsettings.cpp:37: error: redefinition of `int
> fillSelectionsFromDir'
> ---------------
> more of this messages follow

You need up-to-date checkouts from both mythtv and mythmusic. I
encountered the same error today because my mythtv installation was a
bit too old.

And of course compile and install mythtv before mythmusic. Also make sure to
remove all mythtv 0.16 libraries, the version has been increased to 0.17
just a few days ago.

HTH, Stefan

--
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

                                   -- Thomas Jefferson