[mythtv-users] Recording groups?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Jan 29 16:52:58 EST 2005

> I try to understand and use the recording groups but I could not find a
> way to give them a name. I have a recording schedule to record all 'Tom &
> Jerry' cartoons and I would like to put them into a similar named group
> but how do I do that?

Couple of ways actually.

1) When setting up a scheduled recording, you can go to the Storage
Options page and go down to the recording group option and select "Create a new
recording group".  That will take you to the list of recording groups and
you can create a new one by selecting the "create" option.  Just type the name
in the textbox and cursor down and select OK.

2) You can bring up the INFO menu for a previously recorded program and
select "Recording Options" then select "Change Recording Group".  That will
popup a list of all the recording groups along with a textbox which you can
type the name of a group if you wish to create a new one.  Select OK and the
selected recording will move to the new group.  In current CVS, you can
move multiple items to a new recording group at once by adding the items
to the playlist using either the INFO menu or the "/" key and then going
to the MENU popup menu and selecting "Playlist Options" and then selecting
"Change Recording Group".  That will move all items in the current playlist
to the new recording group you specify.

--

Chris