[mythtv-users] OT: Hardware question...

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 18:20:30 EST 2005

ok,  i took the mobo out and set it flat on a level table.  it looked
pretty good.  however, the bottom of the case wasn't level, according
to my trusty level. :)  and yes, the case is sitting on a level
surface.
if you press on the bottom of the case it bubbles slightly like is a
bit warped.  that slight bubble is enough to true the surface back to
level.  i currently have the 'case' shimmed with a couple cd's right
in the middle.  i'm guessing this isn't the best solution, but there
doesn't appear to be any other way to stiffen up the bottom of the
case.  the 'cd shim' solution will work while i run through Myth
config, but as soon as i move the case i'm guessing my cards will
become unseated again.  this will make it tricky to take it down to my
entertainment center where it will reside...

anyone else using the Cooler Master Black MicroATX 5-Bay DeskTop Case,
Model "ATC-620C-BX1" and notice the bottom surface has a little sag?

Was a bear, sorry, i think i'll hold onto the pvr ;)  i don't intend
to power it up unless it's seated properly.

Robert, the case and mobo are both micro-ATX or so they state on the
NewEgg site. :)

Pete, the little risers in the case don't appear to be brass.  they
look like they're aluminum.  they are permanently afixed to the bottom
of the case.