[mythtv-users] Anyone using MEPIS?

Alan Snyder ajs123 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:59:22 EST 2005

I've been fooling around with mepis and have been impressed with the
smooth, quick installs; it seems like the quickest and easiest path to
a relatively up to date Debian install.   I have twice done apt-get
--install-deps mythtv and built from CVS with no problems.

Current downside for me is a broken nVidia driver for the 2.6.10
Kernel and no lirc. The Mepis kernel diffs are provided (though for
the current Simply MEPIS release candidate only 2.6.7 diffs are
provided), so it should be possible to install lirc from CVS.  Has
anyone else built a complete system from a mepis base?  My main
Mandrake 9.1-based box is hopelessly out of date (e.g., stuck at QT
3.1) and I'm looking to identify a replacement install that gives me
the right combination of smooth install and good maintainability.