[mythtv-users] MythTV in Jan 30 NY Times

Mario L superm1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 20:12:11 EST 2005

You know I have been thinking for awhile that maybe the main myth site
can use some major updating, to make it more resourceful for the noobs
coming in and give it a sleeker look.  At this point there is quite a
bit of outdated material on the site, particularly

unused section with plenty of potential:
http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=Topics
also, linking the bugs section to the bugzilla site seems like a good idea to me

old screenshots with missing lists of new features:
http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythFeatures

old background, missing a bunch of the HDTV and DVB development that
has been going on:
http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInfo

I'm not meaning  this to bash the site or the project because I know
the guide was quite helpful in getting me started and I love my setup
back home greatly, but does anyone else agree that it could be put
towards some good use.  And the .17 release gives a good excuse to
update everything thats included (a lot of the HD and DVB patches i'm
referring to CVS as well as the time stretching, better commercial
detection, better amd64 support, and all the other stuff you hear
about on the dev list)

Now I'm not saying isaac get your act together and make the site
better, but if you think this is  a good idea, I'm sure that theres
plenty of us here in this apparant 100k that would love to help give
the site a more modern look and make it more functional.