[mythtv-users] Hard Drive Question

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Mon Jan 31 04:44:21 EST 2005

Op maandag 31 januari 2005 08:12, schreef Andy Long:
> I'm not really sure you would gain much in terms of quiet or a cool
> drive.  Many laptop drives I've used - specifically Hitachi/IBM
> travelstar drives - are actually quite noisy.  You'd get a lot more
> bang for your buck by buying a seagate, which are very quiet.

See here for example: http://www.silentpcreview.com/section14.html

Like "IS the Silent PC Future 2.5-inches wide?", "Toshiba MK6022GAX 5400/16mb
cache Notebook Drive" and "Notebook HDDs: Hitachi 5K80 80G & Samsung MP0402H
40G"

Remember the Mac Mini runs a laptop HD too, and is rated at 18dB (bad rating..
but whatever, the thing is rather silent). The "bang for the buck" factor is
always true though..

	Henk Poley <><