[mythtv-users] Automatic mythtranscode

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 06:42:59 EST 2005

Just to carry on with this part of the thread...

I transcoded one of my (AverMedia) DVB-T shows to MPEG4, using the
default settings (i.e I just changed the MPEG2 recording profile from
RTJpeg to MPEG4).  The file shrunk which is great, and I kinda was
able to watch the video from over MythWeb but I decided to see how
said show looks from within MythTV.

As I selected the show from the Watch Recordings screen, it played a
couple of frames (I think) then caused a massive lockup of my machine
resulting in a power off/on restart :( (which was a bummer becuase I
was recording the pilot of Desperate Housewives :P )

So, my question.  Should I be able to view the MPEG4 transcoded files
using the Watch Recordings screen just the same as the normal MPEG2
recordings?  I havenot myself changed file locations, names or
anything.

I am using DVB-T card, MythTV 0.161 from ATrpms on FC2.  If you need
anymore information let me know.

Many thanks,
Dave

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:17:51 -0500, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:

> > > Test first, though, before doing it for your own recordings to make sure
> > > it's acceptable. =)  There still may be issues seeking with avi files,
> > > especially if 'mythcommflag --video' isn't run on the file.  I don't test
> > > that very often.
> >
> > I think if you're wanting these files to run from the Watch Recordings
> > screen that you'd probably want to use --rebuild instead of --video.  I
> > think the --video is for mythvideo files and uses the filemarkup table
> > instead of the recordedmarkup table which is used for programs in the
> > recorded table.
>
> Right, but it's the same data to the player. --video's meant for things like
> avi.
>
> Isaac

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH