[mythtv-users] Updated gentoo, now everything mythtv segfaults

Jeff Thompson jthomps at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:25:17 EST 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:17:24 -0500, Jim Coates <jcoates at jimcoates.com> wrote:
> I can't get any debug, no log messages etc... gdb tells me nothing.  If I
> run anything myth, mythfrontend, mythbackend, mythsetup.. all segfaults.
> Any idea where I should start digging?

The obvious question is... What did you emerge on gentoo?

If you emerged something that mythtv has as a dependency, you should
probably emerge mythtv again. I'm pretty new to gentoo, but you may
see if the following identifies anything that needs to be updated:

emerge -uDpv --newuse world

Hope that helps,

--
Jeff Thompson