[mythtv-users] after mythrtvsetup my PVR 250 is recongnized asa PVR150 help!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 1 11:12:21 EDT 2005

PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

>>Using the how to on wilsonnet.com, I was able to
>>setup my PVR-250 to capture and dispaly cable tv
>>video and it worked perfectly.  It was fine.
>>
>>After I ran Mythtvsetup. I am no longer to able to
>>display cable tv video.  and when I the system now
>>thanks it is a PVR150 instead of a PVR250
>>
>>[root at MythTV ~]# /bin/dmesg |grep Initialized
>>ivtv: Initialized WinTV PVR 150, card #0
>>
>>what happend and what do I do?
>>

>Huh - I had the same problem.  I tried to
>specify cardtype=1, tuner=47 (plus some others)
>with no luck.
>
>I just ended up going out and buying a pvr150.
>Not a bad deal at Circuit City for $60 AR.
>
>Now I have 2 250's waiting to get into a slave backend.
>Hopefully the system will recognize thm as such,
>but I'm guessing I'm going to have the same problem.
>
>If you get it working, let us know!
>
>After thinking about it, remove the card and remove
>ivtv (plus the associated ivtv stuff).  Then put the card
>back in and do another apt-get and see if that
>fixes it.

If the PCI device ID isn't recognized, 0.3 versions assume it's a
PVR-150.  0.2 versions assume it's a PVR-250, so you could just use 0.2.x...

The right solution, however, is to get the card recognized (basically,
the info needs added to ivtv-cards.c)...  From the IvyTV initialization
log messages:

ivtv: version x.x.x (xxxx) loading
ivtv: Linux version: x.x.x
ivtv: In case of problems please include the debug info
ivtv: between the START INIT IVTV and END INIT IVTV lines when
ivtv: mailing the ivtv-devel mailinglist.

(and also post the output of lspci -v and a note saying your card isn't
recognized.)

Mike