[mythtv-users] Frontends can't find database, can't connect

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Fri Jul 1 21:34:45 EDT 2005

Mike,

Follow this
yggdrasil ~ # mysql -uroot -p
mysql> show databases;
mysql> use mysql;
mysql> select * from user where User = 'mythtv';

you should see atleast 2 records
| %         | mythtv
| localhost | mythtv

If you do not see the % one create a the user
GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';
% is the one that would allow the user to connect from a remote location

You say root can connect remotely so I do not thing the bind address needs
to be changed.