[mythtv-users] Frontends can't find database, can't connect (success)

Michael Jones m_g_j at michaelandholly.com
Sat Jul 2 02:18:40 EDT 2005

Thanks Marc and Korey..

That was the ticket.

The link http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#mysql

In combination with the info provided by Mark Tousignant put me in the right
place.

When I listed the users, only the root users had a Y in ANY of the privilege
columns.  I used the GRANT functions to add the privileges and everything
dropped into place.

> From: Korey Fort <k.m.fort at gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 23:40:50 -0500
> To: 'Discussion about mythtv' <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] Frontends can't find database, can't connect
>
> You have to do the same for all of the users who connect to the database no
> bind necessary.

>>> datadir=/var/lib/mysql
>>> socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>>> set-variable = key_buffer = 16M
>>> set-variable = table_cache = 128
>>> set-variable = sort_buffer = 2M
>>> set-variable = myisam_sort_buffer_size = 8M
>>> #bind-address = 192.168.0.40
>>>
>>> [mysql.server]
>>> user=mysql
>>> basedir=/var/lib