[mythtv-users] MYTH_PROTO_VERSION issue

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 00:12:37 EDT 2005

Hi!

Here's the error:
User Notice at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php,
line 159:
Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 15':

I get this when I try to access mythweb, sometimes.  I hate problems
that are intermittent...  Anyway, it doesn't always happen.  And I've
searched to see if it was a new issue, but it doesn't seem so.

Anyway, it seems to happen when you have different versions of
mythbackend/frontend but I have them both on the same machine, and the
remote frontends are all the same version as the backend.  Here's the
snippet:

mythbackend --version
0.18.1.20050510-1

I get this on each slave backend as well.

I am not sure how to get the version of the frontend, but it's all
part of the same source mythtv-0.18.1.tar.bz2 so it ought to be the
same version...

I use Gentoo, so I did emerge these packages, but as I noted above, I
get the exact same versions on every backend ( I have no standalone
frontends ).

Mythweb version is:
0.18

There doesn't seem to be a 0.18.1 available...

Thanks!