[mythtv-users] nuvexport to divx produces corrupt frames

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sun Jul 3 09:10:13 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to nuvexport a DVB (MPEG2 PS) recording to Xvid.
This all appears to work fine, but when I play back the video every
frame is badly corrupted.

I grabbed such a frame and put in online here:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/hnmoffatt/xvid-capture.jpg

I'm running Debian unstable + mplayer debs from ftp.nerim.net.

It doesn't matter what tool I use to play back (on Windows).

I disabled noise reduction and overscan cropping, and enabled
deinterlacing, and used the default bit rates and dimensions.
(Which may in itself be a problem, because it's a 720x576 16:9 source
recording.)

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Hamish