[mythtv-users] ...brought to you by the letter "I"

Mickey Chandler mickc at whizardries.com
Sun Jul 3 12:45:58 EDT 2005

This is a piece of oddity that I can't seem to figure out.

I recently got lirc working on my Myth box (cvs on an FC4 box) and
have been trying to set up the lircrc file.  Things start just fine,
but when I press any of the arrow keys while browsing the list of
recorded programs I get a listing of all upcoming episodes and when
I'm watching something (including LiveTV) pressing almost any button
results in the OSD popping up instead of the desired action.

I know that I have lircd.conf right as irw shows what it
should.  Adding "quit" to the end of a key configuration doesn't help either.

Here's an example key binding from lircrc:

# Arrow Up
begin
remote = MythTV
button = up
repeat = 20
prog = mythtv
config = Up
quit
end

(min_repeat is 18 according to irrecord, so I figured to go with
20).  Any one have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

--
Mickey Chandler
http://mickc.whizardries.com/blog