[mythtv-users] Non-Nvidia Graphics Card Recommendations for HDTV

Todd Greene tngreene at pacbell.net
Sun Jul 3 14:48:50 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm looking for a non-Nvidia, quiet AGP graphics card
that does good HDTV playback in Myth.   Any
recommendations?

I was originally using an NVidia GeForce 5200
(fanless) which worked great until I "upgraded" my
system to a new motherboard (foxconn) with an Athlon
64 processor.  The system now locks up whenever I load
the nvidia driver.  Seems there's an incompatibility
between the foxconn/sis chipset/athlon 64/nvidia
driver (any version I've tried) with just about any
kernel version. (I've tried the x86 and x86_64
versions of FC3 and FC4, and also tried the KnoppMyth
distro).  So, short of ditching the entire
mobo/processor setup, I thought I'd try a non-Nvidia
card.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!