[mythtv-users] Install with no X - cannot connect to database

Van Laere Benjamin B.VanLaere at unpeu.com
Sun Jul 3 15:29:09 EDT 2005

Hi list,

	if this has already been answered, please just link me to it.

	Here's my problem: I'm trying to install mythtv on a server without X
(debian unstable), but all I get when I install (in the database config
part) is a blue screen with white text tellin that root at localhost cannot
connect to the database (mysql is already serving my php pages, so it
works fine). I can't tell mythtv the password to mysql anywhere during
the install.

	Is it possible to install mythtv without X? Where can I find a script
to create manually the databases? Ahd where can I configure the databse
realted stuff?

	Thanks in advance!

Benjamin

                         Stop software patents!
                       www.gnu.org www.linux.org
                Kot.unpeu.com - GnuPG key ID 0x73A37869
       Thanks to avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments