[mythtv-users] mythbox won't even beep on boot...

Oskar Lissheim-Boethius avocade at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 18:08:26 EDT 2005

On 3 jul 2005, at 23.21, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

> Yeah, I've done that before too tony, but like he and you said he
> had booted
> the box once.

Ok, very weird. Now it works again, though the HD was corrupt (Kernel
panic when booting) so I had to reinstall it all.

What I did was to simply remove all cables, all PCI-cards, all RAM,
battery and all drives and the connector. Tried to boot, same thing -
not a single beep. Put everything back except the drive, and got the
beep. So, I put the drive back in. Nothing again.

Tried a different drive, and now I got the beep again. Turns out it
must have been a severely twisted ATA-cable that somehow prohibited
the mobo to POST. Don't know how, and I don't want to know, really :)

Thanks for all suggestions!

Yours sincerely,

O S K A R   L I S S H E I M  -  B O E T H I U S