[mythtv-users] sounds output livetv is gone

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 19:18:18 EDT 2005

On 7/3/05, Patrick de Brabander [mythtv] <mythtv at pdebrabander.nl> wrote:
> Yes, i double checked everything. I had an old myth copy (0.16) on an old
> HD, When i hooked up this drive the sound was ok.
>

> gr
>
> Patrick
>
> >>Phil, thanks for the tip.  i'll do this when it is fixed.
> >>I've tried the alsamixer, but no luck.
> >>Like i said, i haven't change a thing. No upgrade or reset.
> >>
> >>I recorded a show and then i happened.
> >>
> >>i'm all out of my options
> >
> > and I assume you've rechecked the speaker wires and power (if you use
> > powered speakers) and made sure something hasn't jiggled loose or
> > gotten unplugged. Sometimes the simplest things...
> >

> >>gr
> >>
> >>Patrick

> >>--
> >>gr.
> >>
> >>patrick
> >>
> >>--
> >>gr.
> >>
> >>patrick

> --
> gr.
>
> patrick

Can you clarify the following points please.

Was the 0.16 on an old HD, with exactly the same OS as your current
running version? I ask this as if it is (as I would suspect) a module
issue, then booting a previous OS wouldn't show the problem.

Does your soundcard work? Can you play standard audio through it and
get sound out?

If your soundcard is working, the problem might show in your standard
log file (e.g /var/log/messages) post the content between the "Start
IVTV" and "End IVTV" comments.

Ant.