[mythtv-users] MythTV and DVD ISO files?

Dg B dbretton at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 4 11:29:41 EDT 2005

Hello all,

   I am new to this group.  I am looking into the possibility of setting up
a MythTV box. but have a question for you all.
   I have a large collection of DVD ISO images on my computer, which I would
like to take advantage of through MythTV.  Can MythTV handle DVD ISO images
"as-is"?  That is, can I have MythTV simply load the DVD images up and run
them?

I would like to be able to know if MythTV can handle the raw ISO files
without transcoding/re-encoding.

Also, can I use MythTV to burn one of the ISO's straight to a DVD?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Regards,
   Dennis

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
       - Marx, Groucho