[mythtv-users] Nvidia quarks, please explain.

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:00:00 EDT 2005

On 7/4/05, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:
> More to the top end of the scale, should you want to watch HD content
> without XvMC it does take a very beefy machine, especially if you want
> any form of deinterlacing. I've tried it with a XP2400 clocked at
> 2400mhz, and with kerndeint and any denoising (IE for low-def
> content), I wouldn't consider it usable.

Given that kerneldeint is the most CPU intensive of the bunch I can
imagine you had problems.  Try bob on the same machine.

> Something that would change the dynamic a little, would be to allow
> per-source-resolution filter choices. 720x480 you want deint and
> denoise. 1280x720 needs neither one. 1920x1080 needs deint, etc.

What you really want is denoise on the stddef channels and not on the
highdef which you can do with per channel output filters.  That
combined with bob would probably get you a watchable display.