[mythtv-users] HD capture via Component/RGB/DVI incoming at 720i

Scott catfather at donpoo.net
Tue Jul 5 05:16:51 UTC 2005

On Jul 3, 2005, at 7:36 PM, Donavan Stanley wrote:

> On 7/2/05, Scott <catfather at donpoo.net> wrote:
>> Not a flame, but do you, or anyone else, have a cite for this? i was
>> under the impression that OTA HD was not encrypted. I understand
>> there is the _possiblity_ to encrypt (think broadcast flag?) but to
>> date no OTA transmissions are encrypted.
>>

> He's spouting misinformation.
>
> There are a few encrytped OTA HD channels, because there's a company
> out there that sells HD "cable" via an antenna but all the major
> networks are free and clear.

Being in the Raleigh-Durham NC market and having access to OTA HD
signals long before most areas of the country I figured this was the
case. However, given all the crap that goes on with broadcasters and
the FCC I wasn't sure if something was different somewhere else.
Maybe a test market in NYC or such was using encrypted OTA.

Thankfully not.

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1