[mythtv-users] Re: Mythbrowser and keyboard

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jul 5 13:05:19 EDT 2005

>I like many others have a wireless keyboard for my Mythbox. One thing I
>would like to be able to do with this keyboard is to surf the web using
>Mythbrowser, but I find that very difficult considering that some keys
>don't actually type but are actually bound to do something else (for
>example, move the mouse). How can I change the functionality of
>Mythbrowser to allow the keyboard to be used for purely typing within
>Mythbrowser?

Pressing the 'F1' key (default key binding) toggles where key presses
get sent to either the web page eg so you can enter text on a web form or
to mythbrowser so you can bring up the menu, or move the mouse using
the number keys etc. Not sure if that is what you want?

>Also, is it possible to type in URLs on the fly?

Pressing the 'I' key should bring up a dialog box into which you
can type a URL.

There are other keybindings detailed in the readme.

Paul