[mythtv-users] UK Freeview compatible tuner

Derek Scollon mailing.lists at scotwebsolutions.com
Tue Jul 5 13:43:35 EDT 2005

> Avermedia DVB-T 771
> Nebula DigiTV

> Both work fine (I have both) but both will require newish kernels. The
> MT352 frontend is required for both (although the digitv only recently
> changed tuner chips from the NXT6000 frontend so if you get an older
> one you might be safe with an older kernel) and is only included by
> default for 2.6.10 and after. With an earlier kernel you'll have to do
> a bit of patching.

> Peter.

> On 7/5/05, Andrew Wilson <migmog at gmail.com> wrote:
>> FYI, I've got a pair of LR6650 cards, but they can't tune to my
>> *strongest* mux, and I've not had time to delve into the driver
>> innards to try to fix it.
>>
>> YMMV as they say.
>>
>> I only got them because some guy on ebay was offloading them cheap.
>> The aerial passthrough is a nice feature.
>>
>> Andrew

The new Nebula card needs kernel patching now that they have changed the chipset (unless the changes are built into 2.6.12, I certainly had to patch 2.6.11). Having said that, I managed to muddle my way through the process and now have the Nebula PCI card working well. It also has an RF passthrough.

--
Derek