[mythtv-users] Seeking driving me nuts

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 14:06:26 EDT 2005

I managed to break the database, but I've got it fixed now.

In any case, that doesn't help the erratic ffwd and rwd. Skipping is
right on target, except when trying to skip back at the beginning of a
show.

Here's my capture "chain":
- Capture at 7.5mbps mpeg2, 48KHz mpeg2 audio
- Commflag
- Transcode to mpeg4 (2600 kbps, 1.1GB per hour for 480x480 recordings
with 44.1KHz MP3 audio, all four HQ options set)

The erratic behavior occurs when pressing the play button... hitting
ffwd while rewinding (and therefore going back to 1x play speed) works
fine. Pressing play while in ffwd or rwd mode teleports me somewhere
else in the stream.