[mythtv-users] Duplicate channels for HDTV alongside analog cable...

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 20:46:50 EDT 2005

On 7/5/05, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/5/05, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
> > Chad wrote:
> > > Myth did a scan for channels when I added a high def source, and it
> > > worked!!!  Woohoo!  But now, I've got duplicate channels...
> > >
> > > I have comcast ananlog cable.  The stations are basically 2-90.  There
> > > are some that overlap, such as 41 is CNN on comcast, but OTA HDTV
> > > channel 41 is KUTV-DT (I think).  So..
> > >
> > > How do I tell myth to record the high def channel 41, and not the 41
> > > cable?  Or more generally, how can I differentiate these duplicates
> > > that aren't actually duplicates?
> >
> > Or more specifically, where do you think you see "41" as being
> > ambiguous? If you choose to record CBS Evening News, it's not
> > going to record Aaron Brown by mistake. Even in Manual Record
> > the combobox will show the long station name to indicate which
> > station (thus source/input). Internally, there are two different
> > rows for chanids 1041 (source 1, callsign "CNN") and  2041
> > (source 2, callsign "KUTV-DT").
> >
> > Under Setup->TV Settings->General make sure your "Channel format"
> > is the default "number callsign" so you can see the callsigns in
> > the EPG and all the lists.
> >
> > --  bjm

> Excellent, thank you for the assurance!
>
> I see the 41 side by side in the Program Listings, or rather, under
> the other.  But, I see your point, so, I have no worries.
>
> Chad

Ok, I am confused again ;)

I just ran mythfilldatabase, and it grabbed the channel listings for
HDTV according to zap2it.  The channels are in the form of (for
example) 4_1 for KTVXDT, but when I do a channel scan in mythtv in the
channel editor in mythtv-setup it finds KTVX-HD 41.  So it seems it's
just removing the _ (seems to hold true for the channels I've looked
at).

So which one do I use?  How should I set this up?

This is the pchdtv 3000 if that matters.  I'm using DVB drivers, not atsc.

Thanks!