[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV and DVD ISO files?

Neil neil-on-mythtv at restricted.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 6 11:40:29 EDT 2005

>On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 11:29:41AM -0400, Dg B wrote:
>> I am new to this group. I am looking into the possibility of
>> setting up a MythTV box. but have a question for you all. I have a
>> large collection of DVD ISO images on my computer, which I would
>> like to take advantage of through MythTV. Can MythTV handle DVD
>> ISO images "as-is"? That is, can I have MythTV simply load the
>> DVD images up and run them?
>
>If you configure your MythVideo external video player to be "mplayer",
>then yes (mplayer knows how to crack open ISO files and deal with the
>contained DVD/VCD image). I use MythVideo in this way.

Can you please tell me what table/field/parameter I should be modifying in
sql in order for me to play .iso file via mplayer or xine? The reason I'm
modifying it in the database is because, I don't have a keyboard in my
mythbox. Also, can you guys please paste what parameters xine or mplayer
should have in order to play .iso files?

Thanks in advance!

Neil