[mythtv-users] RE: Forward fails in recorded shows

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 12:12:05 EDT 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 16:48, John Stubbs wrote:

> >Latest myth of corse, running FC3, ABIT NF7-S....
> >
> >I  have noticed that in a large number of recordings MythTv fails to
> >forward correctly.
> >What happens is that you:
> >1) press forward and find yourself somewhere far forward (>5 min) and
> >backwards will not pass this position now
> >2) you press forward. Picture freezes for a while and then the show
> >is
> >aborted. You can 3X your way across, but not forward.
> >
> >Anybody else noticed that?
> >
> >Karsten
>
> Yes, I have this same exact problem, on the same setup (FC3,
> myth-0.18-108
> at), though it's not consistent- doesn't always happen to every show.
> Also,
> I get similar behavior for some shows when the length of the show in
> the OSD
> is obviously incorrect (e.g. 5 minutes for a 1 hour show).
>
> Unfortunately, I haven't found any causes or fixes- my database check
> came
> back not corrupted and I haven't investigated further... though I
> understand
> from reading a bit on this list that the 'recordedmarkup table' might
> have
> something to do with it (maybe!).

Same problem here; there are several threads both here and on the -dev
list that are dancing around the issue, but no one seems to have nailed
it down quite yet.  I try to track CVS/SVN, and I first noticed this
problem when I upgraded to then-current CVS in early June, I think.
Before that I was running a build from the end of May.  Anyway, I
haven't had time to look into it in detail, but it's really annoying, I
agree.  Also I had to turn off libmpeg2 decoding as it's causing my
MPEG2 -> MPEG4 auto-transcodes to come out all stuttery.  I've been
rather suspect of an ffmpeg resync that was done in early June...
another was done just the other day, so if I get a chance I'll upgrade
this week and see if things are better.  I'm currently running SVN from
6/23.

-JAC