[mythtv-users] Getting Widescreen enabled with PVR-350

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:01:44 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've been trying to setup my PVR-350 to do widescreen.
Using the command:
ivtvctl -w wss -b wss -x 1

Appears to set the required values
[mythtv at olympus ~]$ ivtvctl -w wss -b wss -x 1
ioctl IVTV_IOC_S_VBI_PASSTHROUGH ok
VBI passthrough mode set to 00000008
ioctl IVTV_IOC_S_VBI_MODE ok
vbi service_set set to 00000008
ioctl IVTV_IOC_S_VBI_EMBED ok
vbi embedded in MPEG stream set to 1

However when then selecting Watch TV is resets the VBI Mode
[mythtv at olympus ~]$ ivtvctl -W -B -X
ioctl IVTV_IOC_G_VBI_PASSTHROUGH ok
VBI passthrough mode is 00000008
ioctl IVTV_IOC_G_VBI_MODE ok
vbi service_set = 00000008
ioctl IVTV_IOC_G_VBI_EMBED ok
vbi embedded in MPEG stream: on

I have the recording profile set to 16:9, but can't find anyother
settings that would allow me to override the reseting of VBI Mode.

If I use dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k the settings are not changed.

How can I make Myth keep these settings?

Ant.

Kernel: 2.6.11-1.27_FC3
Myth: 0.18.1
Ivtv: 0.3.6v