[mythtv-users] Anyone tried MPEG2 to MPEG2 transcoding?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:27:21 EDT 2005

> Hmmm, unless there's special code to handle MPEG2->MPEG2 transcoding,
> I'd guess that you'd end up with a Myth NuppelVideo container format
> file, with MPEG2 video and either raw or MP3 audio.  Probably *not*
> what you're looking for.

Actually, this sounds like what I AM looking for! I want a Myth file
with MPEG2 & MP3 - I just want it to use up less space than the
default recording size that I get off DVB-T capture.

FYI, after issuing the mysql update I set up a MPEG2 --> MPEG2
transcode rule but they are all failing with an error according to the
job status screen. I will need to take a look at the log files to see
what the problem is.

Regards,
Phill