[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase shows No Data for some channels

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Jul 7 14:55:50 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 09:08:29AM -0700, Cameron Dale wrote:
> How do other people deal with this? Or is this something specific to my
> listings area (Vancouver, Canada)?

I have noticed that different channels have different amounts of data
available all the time.  I use the Vancouver non-digital listings (I'm
in Burnaby) and have noticed that some channels always go to the end of
the 14th day and others always end at 17:00 on the 12th day.  Those
channels with short listings (A&E, DISC) were the ones that broke and
showed "no data" for several days.  I used myth-setup to clear the
listings and then ran /etc/init.d/mythfilldatabase manually, and
haven't had any problems since.  Those channels still run a day and a
half behind the rest, but they do get fresh data every night.

> Perhaps the best way for me is just to write a script to clear the credits,
> people, program, programgenres, and programrating tables, and then run
> mythfilldatabase to reload them.

You could probably just find the location where mythfilldatabase stores
its end-of-listings pointer and roll that back a few days every night
before the normal run so that it gets 3 or 4 days worth of listings at
the far end of the schedule.  I would expect it to fill in the holes and
discard the duplicates....