[mythtv-users] Re: Playing image(.iso) file in Mythvideo

Neil neil-on-mythtv at restricted.dyndns.org
Fri Jul 8 00:44:24 EDT 2005

>I've been using VLC in lieu of Xine for video playback. The command in
>MythVideo is:

>vlc %s vlc:quit

>This plays all video formats I've thrown at it: .avi, .mpg, .iso, .vob.

>VLC is highly configurable, and in my opinion is a better playback app
>than anything else I've seen (I've tried xine, mplayer and the Myth
>internal player...none come close).

>I've included my vlcrc file for posterity (or free beer, whichever
>comes first).

I'll try this someday.

Currently, everything is fixed now. I have audio now via SPDIF. I configured
~/.xine/config file to point to digital. And for the LIRC issue, I had to
remove the default xine that came with FC3. I downloaded 2 files from
xinehq.de(xine-lib and xine-ui) and compiled/installed them both. Everything
is working like a charm!!!

SCHAWING!!! :P

Neil