[mythtv-users] Nvidia MX4000 vs ATI 9200SE

Morten Rønseth morten.ronseth at webfx.no
Fri Jul 8 05:31:03 EDT 2005

Hi,

Marius Schrecker wrote:

> [...]
I tried setting up an Radeon 7000 card and gave up in the end. Info on
the net is plentiful but scarce when it comes down to specific issues.
I now use an fx5200 which i love. nVidia has official linux drivers and
the card does xvmc, taking the load of the CPU when decoding the mpeg
stream. Also, it's cheap.
I use the card's vga output feeding a projector and the quality is
absolutely stunning.

Cheers,

-Morten

WEB-fx
Morten Lerskau Rønseth           http://www.webfx.no
Odinsvei 15c                     mailto:morten at webfx.no
1413 Tårnåsen                    Tlf.: (47) 6680 9191
Norway                           Mob : (47) 9343 4357