[mythtv-users] IMDB Screen Scrap... legal?

Aaron Stewart acs at hourglassone.com
Fri Jul 8 17:52:18 EDT 2005

My concern is not whether or not the user has another computer.. it's
the break-up of the work.. You watch a show, then have to walk to your
computer in your (office,kitchen,bedroom,livingroom,etc) and type in a
review.  I just don't think it'll happen.  Granted, there are a select
number of users who are really quite interested in writing reviews
(hence why Amazon's reviews are thriving), but if I were to pick a
number, say 5%, of myth users who were contributing, we'd still end up
with a fairly paltry sample of data.

Speaking of which, we could just use the product reviews from amazon's
feed.. not great for brand new tv shows that aren't on DVD, but for
those that are, or for movies, etc, it would work perfectly.

And for those who actually _did_ want to write reviews, why not forward
them to amazon's review system, and reciprocate that way?

-=A