[mythtv-users] IMDB Screen Scrap... legal?

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Sat Jul 9 09:30:56 EDT 2005

Aaron,
I think you will see a fundamental change occur in how people watch tv
within a very short time frame.

If you have ever watched a post tv show web chat session you'll
understand how many people are interested in 'actively' watching tv as
opposed to passively.

I was actively developing capital for a project about 4-5 months ago
(btw the decision has been made to kill the project after discussions
with Cablelabs irrevocably broke down - they are going to announce
eventually that they are killing cablecard in a bid to delay open
standards (their replacement is a software driven solution.....which
will take another 5 years to implement.....hopefully the fcc will see it
for what it is and tell them to stick it)

Anyway, in case you are interested you can check out one of the initial
documents here www.cognation.net/cablecard3

But it was a concept for a 'super tivo' where viewers are able to
actively interact with other viewers using text super imposed over the
tv video.

I think there is a market for viewers wishing to push the envelope on
their viewing experience outside of just myth tv users.

Cheers,
Dean