[mythtv-users] time loss...

Chris Edwards chris.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 20:49:33 EDT 2005

On 7/10/05, Chris Edwards <chris.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/9/05, Michael Kimberlin <mtk9fc at admiral.umsl.edu> wrote:
> >
> > My mythtv box is losing time.  I get different output from hwclock and
> > date...even a couple of seconds after syncing the two up.  It seems to get
> > worse when a recording is happening.  I lose quite a bit of time (into the
> > hours a day, on days that have more recordings).  Needless to say, this
> > totally screws up my start and stop times.
>
> It sounds like you might be losing clock interrupts. Are your disks
> using DMA? If not, that's the likely problem.

Oh yeah, or it could be the capture card which is causing the problem.
What sort of hardware is it? I'm guessing you have a plain old
analogue capture card? I'm not sure what you can do in that case.

Of course it could be something completely different, but the symptoms
sound exactly like what you'd expect if it's missing clock interrupts.

--
Chris Edwards
http://www.chris-edwards.org/