[mythtv-users] No sound in some recordings

Juergen Sachs juergen-sachs at gmx.de
Sun Jul 10 05:37:21 EDT 2005

Hello,

Larry K., did you find a reason for this ?
I tried to play the recordings on a different frontend to see if it is a
problem with my settings.
But I did not have a second frontend yet, and I failed setup my second PC
quickly (failed dependency).
I programmed a recording on a different channel before main recording starts,
to see if it works in general. Since I did this, all recordings are fine.
Could it be that a part in the initialisation failes on some channels, and if
there is a recording on other channels first it work ?

What happen if the card failes to tune to a channel in the time given in the
setup (5 seconds I think). Does the recording starts anyway, but because of
the "misstuned" channel the sound is missing ?

Hope someone could help us.

Juergen