[mythtv-users] Commercial skipping - what is supposed to happen?

Rob Bongiovi rbongiovi at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 21:46:41 EDT 2005

I've tried this with a good standard definition
capture and over the air HD programming. Here's what I
find:

1. With SD, commercial detection works great. Finds
the commercial spot-on - so much so that on that
system I had it automatically skip the commercials
with no problems.
2. With HD, the commercials get tagged, but about 90
secs prior to when they should be, so I don't really
use it.
3. The notify box pops up very quickly...probably the
3 seconds that is the default setting for the OSD to
be up. I find that I usually miss it. But, I do find
it shows up (right at the beginning of the commercial
with my SD shows, about 90 seconds before the
commercial on the DVB shows).

Hope this helps!
Rob