[mythtv-users] Network traffic causing pre-buffering pauses...

Mark Woodward mcrwoodward-mythtv at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 22:24:10 EDT 2005

I'm curious if any one has ever seen this too and if so how to fix it.
I'm using mythtv 0.18 from CVS but this has been a problem for a while
but I never really had a reason to look into it. Kernel is 2.6.8.
When ever there is network traffic (i.e. file transfer to/from the
mythbox) I get pre-buffering pauses. I'm running the frontend as suid
but I don't think it's the frontend.
My guess is that it is a kernel config issue. I have dma turned on for
the drives so it might be the Ethernet card hogging the CPU (IRQ?). I
turned on pre-empting in the kernel but no difference.
Any ideas where to look next?

Thanks,
Mark