[mythtv-users] zero length recordings w/ pcHDTV

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Mon Jul 11 14:08:39 EDT 2005

Tom McKearney wrote:
> I'm running pretty recent code and I still get issues with zero length
> recordings with my pcHDTV 3000 cards. I'm running the pcHDTV 1.6
> drivers on kernel 2.6.5.  I'm on SuSE 9.1 and  I get no error messages
> that I can see.
>
> MythTV doesn't tell me anything until it refuses to play a show.  Then
> I go look in the "delete recordings" menu or on mythweb and it shows
> me a size of 0.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be?

Most likely, signal quality issues.  But it could be your station
broadcasting MPEG that we don't like, such as not broadcasting proper
PSIP data.  Try running your backend with '-verbose record' for a while
and see if anything interesting turns up in the logs.

You might also try making the big switchover to DVB, since the old
hdtvrecorder stuff will be deprecated by Myth at some point.

-Doug