[mythtv-users] Re: problems installing mythtv

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jul 11 15:01:45 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 08:54:00PM +0200, Paul de Vries wrote:
> than i did the apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade, fine too.
>
> but when i tried to apt-get install atrpms-synaptic, apt-get was gone.
> it is somehow deleted from my system.
>
> Q1: what is happening here?

Could you post the output of the command above? Was it really
"atrpms-synaptic" you tried to install?

In general apt warns you with bug red letters, if you are about to
remove packages from the list in /etc/apt/rpmpriorities, which
includes apt. Did you enter any "Yes, do as I say" confirmations?

> Q2: is it possible to install mythtv directly on debian, following the
> wilson guide, or are more appropriate guides available?

MythTV works on Debian just as well, but you would not follow Jarod's
guide. Check the mythtv documenation for further steps/guides required
on Debian.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net