[mythtv-users] please help with PVR-150MCE...

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Mon Jul 11 19:44:45 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm still having troubles getting the PVR-150 to work. I tried updating the
firmware. I did it by downloading the latest driver from the hauppauge site
and running the ivtvfwextract.pl script.

I was going to try and do the same using the CD that came with the card,
except that the script didn't seem to find the correct file on the CD and I
couldn't find any similar pvr*.exe file in there, so I decided to use the
one from the hauppauge site.

I didn't get any errors, and the proper files were written to /lib/modules.

I loaded the drivers via modprobe ivtv.

However I see nothing happening on /dev/video0. Neither with mplayer, nor
doing a cat /dev/video0 > somefile

What am I missing? :-(   Do I need to configure something with ivtvctl ?

Thanks for any help
Ricardo