[mythtv-users] MythVideo - adjusting audio levels on existing files

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Jul 11 23:04:52 EDT 2005

Greetings

My small collection of video files seem to have vastly different audio
levels and I'd like to customise them as when I set mplayer the volume up
for the quiet ones (ie. -af volume=15), the loud ones distort :-((

I have in mind a script that splits the file using something like ffmpeg,
changes the audio level and then re-assembles the files using avimux or
whatever. I don't want to touch the video frames so I'd expect to be able
to process my collection in an evening!

Apart from 3 weeks of trial and error and the man pages, could someone
please suggest a command line (or lines) that would do this?

Cheers

--
Robin