[mythtv-users] multiple tuners - configuring capture cards

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Tue Jul 12 15:19:46 EDT 2005

At 02:55 PM 7/12/2005, you wrote:
><snip>
>
>Would it help to switch the location of the 150 and the 350?

quite the snip there 8^)

I think this was the thread I started. Certainly fits my issues.

I've played around with it several more hours last night and I've had some
success and some setbacks. At the moment I have it playing one channel on
the 350 to the monitor (I have given up on the output to the 350 tv-out for
the moment) but unable to play anything on the 150

What I think is happening...

I was using a newer enc firmware than ivtv liked and was getting the
checksum warnings (but both cards were playing one channel) so I downgraded
to the checksum it preferred and at that point (I think) I lost the ability
to get video from the 150. i need to swap that back and see if it makes a
difference but it was bedtime last night. When the 150 stopped capturing
video, the remote stopped working also so it's something unhappy with that
card setup now.

one thing I wondered about, I have one channel source, "cable" and i use it
on the settings for both cards. I assume this isn't a problem.

I've messed with so many settings at this point, I'm not sure what's valid
and what's not. i need to methodically go through each step and look at the
settings but I've seen conflicting values in the various threads.

Any ideas on where to start doing a top down validation of my settings
would be appreciated

Thanks, Jim