[mythtv-users] Plextor TV402U FPS NTSC

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:33:57 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I'm using the PX-TV402U with .18 (KnoppMyth) and can use it just fine
for Live TV, but all of the scheduled recordings the audio is out of
sync.  The size is set to 640x480 and the bitrate is set to 4000 in
the recording profiles (since this appears to be the maximum rate the
hardware supports for non mpeg) and all of the check boxes marked as
well as the audio set to 48khz and quality set to 9 to try and get the
best quality.

When I run the recording through MPlayer it shows that the FPS is 25
(PAL) while last I checked NTSC was 29.97. And not suprisingly the
audio steadily drifts out of sync while watching.

Is this a known issue resoled in .18.1

I searched the archives (using plextor and tv402) and couldn't find
much, other than support was added in march.

Do I need to tweak some settings or do I need to tweak some code?

Thanks,
Eric