[mythtv-users] Re: PVR-150/250 Composite/SVideo inputs?

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Wed Jul 13 20:22:54 EDT 2005

try this thread Mark:

I actually use the composite in for tv recording, as my tv comes in thru
a set-top box. In that case I had a video source with a channel grabber
that I could set to the appropriate input to the video source.

You therefore need to set up a dummy video source, and connect it to the composite or s-video input source.

alternatively you could use the command line to set the source and then
record whatever you want, like this:

ivtvctl -p 2
ivtvctl -q 2
cat /dev/video0 > xbox.mpeg
ctrl-c to stop

Of course that will be outside the mythtv system, and won't be
accessible as a "recorded program". If it is in the right directory it
will be accessible thru mythvideo though.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:04:27 -0700
Mark Knecht wrote:

> Hi,
>    I know. Only one day but I'm inpatient. Anybody know about using
> these inputs? Write me offline if you don't want to use bandwidth or
> respond here.
>
> thanks,
> Mark
>
> On 7/12/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    I am completely, utterly and totally perplexed about how to set up
> > the composite and SVideo inputs on my PVR-250 & PVR-150 to capture
> > live video . Does it work? What I'd like ot be able to do is to
> > capture live video & audio on the composite input of the PVR-250. Is
> > this possible?
> >
> >    I think what I'm most confused about right now is what connection
> > I'm supposed to make for these parts of the cards. I have both cards
> > in a system and both tuners work. However the only connections shown
> > on the connections page is Tuner 0 -> Comcast. All the other ports
> > currently are set to none.
> >
> >    What sort of 'connection' do I need to make for a composite input
> > on the PVR-250 that is receiving only live video from an XBox, for
> > instance? do I need to create some other type of video source so that
> > I can make a connection?
> >
> >    Probably someone has a really simple answer. (I hope...)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mark

Nick Rout